The FreeType project is a team of volunteers who develop free, portable and high-quality software solutions for digital typography. They specifically target embedded systems and focus on bringing small, efficient and ubiquitous products.
The FreeType 2 library is their new software font engine. It has been designed to provide the following important features:
* A universal and simple API to manage font files
* Support for several font formats through loadable modules
* High-quality anti-aliasing
* High portability & performance
Supported font formats include:
* TrueType files (.ttf) and collections (.ttc)
* Type 1 font files both in ASCII (.pfa) or binary (.pfb) format
* Type 1 Multiple Master fonts. The FreeType 2 API also provides
routines to manage design instances easily
* Type 1 CID-keyed fonts
* OpenType/CFF (.otf) fonts
* CFF/Type 2 fonts
* Adobe CEF fonts (.cef), used to embed fonts in SVG documents with
the Adobe SVG viewer plugin.
* Windows FNT/FON bitmap fonts
This package contains the files needed to run programs that use the FreeType 2 library.
Home Page: http://www.freetype.org/
Authors: David Turner
Werner Lemberg <[email protected]>
Available deb Repositories (how-to add a respository)
Rating: Not Rated (0 votes)
Login or Register to rate libfreetype6, add a Tag, or designate as an alternative to a Windows app
Images must be in GIF, JPG, or PNG formats and can be no larger than 2 MB. Only one file can be uploaded at a time. A description can be included, but it is optional.
Submit Web Links
Submit the title and link (including http://) to an article pertaining to libfreetype6 and it will appear in the Web Links section of the right banner. Contact us here if an entry needs to be removed.